*today, i discovered the beautiful blog "Story Of My Life" and she's created this "Blog every day in May" challenge, as a way to feed our hunger as bloggers for worthwhile content (and this rings so true over here in my interweb corner seeing as how i blogged TWICE in one day this week about my puppy's colon...) anyway... i wanted to join in! i think this will result in quite the post-overload this month, seeing as how i'll probably have other happenings to write about as well, but we'll just see how it goes. i'm also two days behind since i didn't get a post up yesterday, so you'll get a triple dose of me today! so here we go... my life story. in 250 words or less...
My hometown is Orem, UT. I lived in the same house my entire life and grew up watching my father play softball and camping almost every weekend. I grew up with dogs. I danced for 12 years as a girl. Junior high was awkward and awful, just like it's supposed to be. I dated seriously through high school, but I wish I wouldn't have. I think I missed out on a lot of the high school experience, and it always ended badly anyway. Shortly after graduation, I moved to St. George and attended Dixie State College on a full ride scholarship for journalism. I studied communication and was an editor for the campus newspaper just a few weeks into my freshman year. I became a prodigy of sorts for the staff. I learned that I hated journalism. The career wasn't for me, and it was then that I knew my dream job was Mama. I lost all my friends in college. It changed my life. I moved back to Orem a year later and started my life over. I met Devin at a wedding that October. Now we've been married for almost 2 years. Last summer, we decided we needed a big change, so after both getting new jobs, we moved to Herriman and we love it. We got a puppy shortly after, and we love him a lot. Dreaming of my husband's graduation day, buying a house, and starting a family. I've never been happier. Life is sweet.
249 words! Whoa!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
other stuff:
so, on wednesday, i went to a bridal shower for one of my co-workers and it was so much fun! there aren't many girls at cascade, but we have a good time anyway, and all these guys have awesome wives, too! i made kristy a print (duh. haha) but I did it a little different from what I usually sell in my shop, and now I'm just exploding with ideas! it turned out so cute and she loved it, i'm so glad!
also on wednesday... i noticed a weird sore on my ring finger. i have had sores on there before, and they make my finger swell a little, so i didn't really think anything of it and headed off to the shower. when i got back home that night, i couldn't get my ring off. my finger was so swollen and red and it hurt pretty bad. so i googled it, duh. i tried windex. i tried pam. i tried soap. i tried lotion. i tried ice. i tried elevating my hand. i had devin yank on it for awhile while i cried. this thing wasn't budging and it was hurting pretty bad. my finger was swollen rock hard! i decided to just go to sleep and check on it throughout the night to make sure it was okay. the swelling got worse in the morning and so did the sores. i told devin i was really nervous and worried, but it wasn't cutting off circulation. at work, i do a lot on the computer, and typing and using my hands a lot was agitating it and making it worse. the guys at work were giving me their own suggestions to help get it off, and it still wasn't happening. i finally called the doctor and set up an appointment. i felt like the nurses didn't understand what was happening and just told me to go get the ring cut off. having the ring on my finger wasn't the problem, it was the redness and swelling and sores that were not okay! where my ring was at on my finger wasn't swollen, just right above it, near the knuckle. i finally got in at 4:15 and when the nurse looked at my finger, she got me really concerned. she kept saying, "wow, that's very inflamed". I didn't want to have to get my ring cut off - or my finger! when the doctor came in, he said the same thing. he stabbed me with a needle and took a culture of the blood where the swelling was. he said it may be an allergic reaction, but i've had the ring for 2 years, and i've been using the same jewelry cleaner, too. he said it may be irritation from moisture, which i guess makes sense, but not really. he kept trying to tug it off with just ky jelly and i told him there's no way it would work. he finally brought in some umbilical tape, which looks like what they tie on your arm when they take blood, sort of like a rubber band. he wrapped it around my finger really tight and waited for it to turn blue. he was cutting off the circulation on purpose, but it hurt and it made me really dizzy. once my finger was blue (which is so gross to look at!), he unwrapped it really fast and covered it in more ky jelly and then just twisted and pulled until the ring came off. it hurt so bad! i was not expecting that! but the ring came off and i was so happy! he gave me a prescription for steroid cream for the inflammation and sent me home. today it looks a lot better, still swollen and still has the rash-y allergic reaction looking sores, and it feels like my finger is broken, but at least i didn't have to get my ring cut off! waiting to hear the result of the culture but man, it's a weird week for medical issues in our family!

No comments:
Post a Comment